GAME RESTARTING OR NOT SAVING PROGRESS- WINDOWS VISTA AND 7
You Can E-mail Us Too
If you don't see an answer to
your question here, we'd be
happy to respond to your
query. The best way to help
us understand your question
and problem solve is to use
the Support Form. That will
provide us with relevant info
about your systems and
hardware so we can respond
more accurately. Click below
to view the form.
Q: My game keeps restarting from the beginning and it’s not saving the progress I’ve made.
What do I do to fix this?
A: In some cases, an operating system may not give a PC game or other program the
necessary permissions to work as it should. This might result in the game not starting or
running properly, or not being able to keep saved game progress. Enabling the option to run
the game as administrator may help.
Running your game as administrator
- Open the Start menu (Windows 'pearl' button) in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- At the bottom of the Start menu, type Folder Options into the Search box, then press the
- Click on the View tab at the top of the Folder Options window and check the option to
Show hidden files and folders (in Windows 7, this option is called Show hidden files,
folders, and drives).
- Click Apply then OK.
- In the game's folder, locate the executable (.exe) file for the game—
- Right-click on this file, select Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab at the
top of the Properties window.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box in the Privilege Level section.
Click Apply then OK.
Once complete, try opening the game again
Running a game as administrator is one of several troubleshooting steps you can take and
will not help in all cases.